Contravan

Contravan's application for I&A Admin

Hello! Thanks for giving this a read, I've been told some positions for admin were opening up on the I&A server, so here's what I have to offer, and some background on myself.

To start things off, I've been playing VS in Arma 3 since the day I joined and have constantly played for quite some years.

Most of the time I find myself piloting helicopters/planes, operating UAV, or directing teams on the ground during firefights when it comes to the actual game.

Most importantly, for this position, I can provide some background into roles I've held on other servers, and in real life. Some decent examples would be moderating my former Old School Runescape discord and with it all the events we held in game and the facebook group as well; which includes over 1k+ players, I've helped develop and troubleshoot issues involved with making private servers, used to run a roleplaying forum some time back and sold it to a friend a few years back, and outside of the gaming realm, I've worked in management for a healthy number of years and actually enjoy problem solving.

Most importantly though, what can I do for VS? Why would you want to pick me as admin?

The reasons I'd give you would be that:

Due to my longevity on the server my name is well known among most players and they know if they have any issues they can always ask me how to fix it

Anyone who's spoken to me knows that I am patient, understanding, and like to think of situations from multiple angles.

Language barriers/accents are no obstacle for me, there's always a solution to a problem even if it has to be simplified

I work very well under pressure, and it's in fact where I strive. My sort of specialty is deescalating situations and returning them to a state where the people arguing can now get along or co-exist

I understand Arma 3's issues/bugs and likewise with Quicksilver's mission file we use for I&A, there is no denying there's issues and bugs with it, but I do know how to fix most of them for players

I already know the entire staff and have been, and still am on great terms with all of them and their roles, and their ability to perform certain actions, aswell as the chain of command within VS

I don't want to fill up the page with myself telling you how great I am, I would highly encourage you ask the regulars and anyone else on the server about me, because that's where the real opinions are. 

Beside all of that, here's some general information about myself

IGN: Contravan

Time/Location: EST, Georgia, USA

Hours in game: 1000+

Availability: Mon-Sun/Usually around 3pm-6am

SteamID: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198124798797/

Discord Handle: Contravan#4316

I'm also in the VS discord, under the name Contravan. If you were interested in my application, and would like to talk about it more that would be the best place to contact me, I feel talking face to face gives a better impression of who I am, and my personality. But until then cheers! 

Hey Contravan,

Thanks for applying. 
We are going to keep taking applications for the next few days here and arrange a time we can sit down and chat about the position. 
Teamspeak is what we will be using so grab that in case you don't have that already.

Cheers!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.