Sign in to follow this  
drew

Drew Blood's lib and admin application

Hello VS Staff,

I’d like to apply for a Lib commander role position and also an admin position. You can learn about me personally in the introductions section in the forum. Trying to keep this short and on-point as much as possible.

As for quals, I have previously served as VP of Operations for a 1,000 member virtual airline (www.deltava.org) running the day to day schedules, flight report reviews, and coordinating with the web site programmer, president, HR, and director of the flight academy. After about 5 years of doing this, I passed the torch to others. I currently serve occasionally part time in the flight academy. I’ve been a member of this VA since 2006 and still flight sim regularly with them for a change of pace from arma 3.

From this experience and in my real life job managing 6 engineers , I’ve learned a lot about how to deal with people, patience, and continuing to learn people skills through the process.  

As far as time commitment, I won’t be on here every day for 4-6 hours. I’m usually on 3-5 days per week in the evenings on weekdays and with more time on when Friday evening-Sunday comes. This job thing can really be a drag sometimes. 😊  If the VS staff is looking for someone to be on 8 hrs per day 6 days per week, I’m not your person for the job. If you’re looking for someone to help out serving the community and making time to help, I feel I can contribute a great deal. I try to have a healthy work-family-play life balance and wouldn’t be applying if I couldn’t fit this into it. I won’t be on all the time but I’m here at VS to stay for the foreseeable future.

As the VS server is the only place I play (even though I only have 1400 hours in this game), it’s the only place I plan to play too. As a patreon since January, I intend to continue on to support this great community. I believe I’ve been on VS servers for about 12 mos now. I’d have to go look to be sure. I have about 225 hrs on as drew [vs] and drew_blood [vs].

As a lib commander, I will have to delve into the role more and it’ll be a learning experience for me. As an admin, I recognize the relative freedom players on VS area afforded and would only step in when someone is ruining the experience for others or crossing some serious lines. Play your role, have fun, focus on the objectives. I&A and lib are both teamwork focused scenarios against AI. Simple guidelines in my opinion. I think on Lib server, the commanders could accommodate the input of others a bit more as opposed to taking more of a “boss” role. Give players an important role other than to be bossed around and they experience will be more enjoyable for everyone.

I have discord on my phone so as long as my work isn’t requiring my immediate attention, I can make myself available if needed using my phone or a web site at my office.

Anyway, I’m happy to give time to make the VS community better and would like this opportunity to show that even more than I already have in-game. Thanks for your consideration. Please message me if you have any questions.

Andrew

“drew_blood”

Hey Drew,

Thank you very much for taking the time to apply,  Friday we can  have a chat on Team speak if you happen to be free. 
I look forward to speaking with you then. 

Kindest regards,

Dustin

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this