Sign in to follow this  
Survivalizer

VS I&A Transition Information

Hello @Invade & Annex  Players,
You may have heard about some of the changes coming to Volition Servers. We are happy to announce these changes will be coming sooner rather than later. We are transitioning our machines operating system to Linux. This should add some extra stability across our servers and help improve your experience. Unfortunately this is going to come at the cost of Uptime. Our Primary Invade & Annex servers will be down for a period of time during this transition. We would like to thank all our members for the support and help getting us to where we are and look forward to providing you great service now and in the future to come. The following sections of this post should help alleviate some questions you all may have.
==============Q&A================
When will the server be down?
```This transition will be happening tonight at around 7:00-10:00PM CST that is 6/21/2020 at 7:00-10:00PM CST```
Why is it happening tonight?
```We are doing this transition tonight in hopes that our player base will be more depleted due to the Fathers Day Holiday```
How long will the main servers be down?
```We aim to have at least the Invade & Annex Altis Server back online within a 3 Hour window. Ideally this transition will be relatively smooth; however, we are taking into account unforeseen issues.```
How will I be affected?
```Our players will really only be affected by downtime. When the server comes back online you will be able to continue to play as you have in the past unhindered.```
Will the servers rank or IP/Port be changing?
```At this time neither the IP, Port, or Rank should be affected by this transition```
Will I be informed on the progress of the transition?
```Yes, We don't intend to include everyone on the minute to minute but you will be informed on the scope of the progress such as: When the transition is completed, when the server is back online, and if there are any delays/issues we run into.```
What should I expect from this transition?
```Don't expect a world of difference directly in server related performance; after all this is Arma 3 but, you should see better performance in the regard of our other servers being hosted on the same machine in the past affecting performance on our Invade & Annex servers and vice versa```
Will I still be able to play Volition Servers Invade & Annex?
```Glad you asked. Yes, you will be able to play Invade & Annex on a temporary second Altis Server that has been brought online for our players during this transition.```
Is there anything I can do in the meantime?
```Not really, We just ask that you are patient and understanding of the situation and we will try and get everything back to normal as soon as possible. You may play on the temp server and have fun.```
==============Footnote================
Now that you have been briefed on the changes hopefully that cleared some questions up. The temporary Volition Servers Invade & Annex Server connection info will be provided following this post. Again we would sincerely like to Thank You all for your support and help. Gaming has been a passion of everyone on the VS Staff for a long time and it's humbling to see how far we've come.