Sign in to follow this  
AboveTheSky

Advanced Sling Loading

I don't think the script for heavy lifting of tanks work in the I&A scenario? I could be wrong.

If they can, then I don't see why the Taru can't lift a heavy tank when it spawns. Would be nice to see a tank airlifted into the AO while it is further away from mainbase, like in Sofia.

In this instance, we would rather sacrifice a realistic experience in favor of a convenient and player friendly mechanic.  The hands free sling loading helps make delivering cargo less of a chore.  The Invade & Annex: Apex Framework is designed to be a quick and relatively casual experience with an emphasis on the infantry experience.  It's simply not the game mode that begs for realism and advanced immersion.

Sling loading the Slammer wouldn't be realistic at all. As far as I know the current heli with the largest capacity is the MI-26 which is like 55-56 tons, and the slammer, which I believe is based on the Israeli MBT is at least 65+ tons. I don't think there is any current production heli out there that can lift the slammer analog. But like always I may be wrong.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this